WEBINAR - TAX PRACTICE ETHICS: UPDATED AICPA STATEMENTS ON STANDARDS OF TAX PRACTICE
Most accountants are familiar with the general ethics and independence rules governing their profession. However, many are painfully unaware of the content of the AICPA’s Statements on Standards of Tax Practice (SSTS). These enforceable ethical standards are incorporated into many state’s rules. This webinar will examine the content of Standards 1 through 7 as revised effective January 1, 2010, together with new comment drafts of Interpretation 1-1 and 1-2.
- Scope and Origins of the SSTS
- Revised SSTS effective January 1, 2010: Tax Return Positions, Answers to Questions on Returns, Certain Procedural Aspects of Preparing Returns, Uses of Estimates, Departure From Previous Position, Knowledge of Errors – Return Preparation and Administration
- Form and Content of Advice
- Proposed revision to Interpretation 1-1 “Reporting and Disclosure Standards"
- Proposed revision to Interpretation 1-2 “Tax Planning”
- Interaction with Section 6694 Prepare Penalties and IRS Circular 230.
Who Should Attend
Practitioners who provide federal, state, local or foreign tax services to their clients.